Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Busy Weekend at the CNY Fiber Festival!

I need to apologize for not posting on Saturday, but I have a good excuse...  I was at the CNY Fiber Festival all weekend!

Batts, roving, and finished items.

It was my first time vending at a true fiber festival in a long time (I did the Fiber Event and the Hoosier Hills Fiber Fest in Indiana when I was in high school and college), and it was a great experience.  The campground where they held the festival was only about 40 minutes from our farm, so my husband and I went up Friday afternoon to set up.  Saturday was cold and cloudy, but there were tons of shoppers!  And probably due to the cold, they were buying finished items (knit hats, cowls, mitts, etc.)!  I've never sold so many finished items at a fiber festival before.  Sunday was much nicer in terms of weather, but there were a lot less people.  Luckily the sales I made on Saturday made up for Sunday!

My awesome new display covered in handspun yarn.

Rugs and felted wool bags.

Overall it was a great weekend.  It is always fun hanging out with other fiber nuts, and catching up with people you haven't seen in awhile.  Plus I was able to do a  lot of llama education, which is awesome!

The other side of my yarn display.

Can't wait for next year!


No comments: