Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Knitting Pattern #6: Art Yarn Cowl

Now that the fiber festival is over, I can finally get down to business and publish some knitting patterns!

This one is one of my favorites.  I've been spinning a lot of thick & thin spiral plied art yarns, but I really didn't know what to do with them.  

A very colorful thick & thin spiral plied yarn.


I decided to cast on a simple stockinette cowl, and I absolutely love how it turned out!  The thick & thin yarn gives even a stockinette stitch a great texture.  The cowl is long enough to wrap around your neck twice, but the length can be easily modified.

Anyway, here is the pattern.  It needs a name though...I'd love some suggestions!


Art Yarn Cowl

Bulky thick & thin yarn: 80-90 yards
#11 needles

Gauge isn’t important

Cast on 13 stitches

Knit 1 row, purl 1 row (work in stockinette) for 40” (or as long as desired)

Seam working end to cast on edge.


Enjoy!  I'll get the pattern on Etsy soon, and update the name.

No comments: