Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fall Craft Fairs!

Things have been pretty quiet on the llama front now that I'm back at school for my final semester, but I've been keeping busy with craft fairs this fall!

The first one was the annual Shelby County Pioneer Fair back home in Indiana.  I actually sold a ton of stuff that weekend, and had a lot of fun spinning on a big walking wheel!  Don't have any pictures though, mostly because I was dressed in my 1800s costume and didn't want evidence!

I was supposed to do another craft fair the next weekend back in Michigan, but due to forecasted rainy weather (which never happened) I decided not to go.

The following weekend I found yet another craft fair (technically a heritage festival) to go to for a day.  I finally remembered my camera so I have pictures!  The event was held at the Woldumar Nature Center outside of Lansing, MI.  There were several craft vendors, as well as costumed demonstrators, a native flute player, a petting zoo area, wagon rides, and games and activities for kids.  I didn't sell much, but I had a great day spinning in the beautiful fall weather!  I ended up spinning about a pound of the BFL roving that I'm working on for a handspun sweater.

Pioneer cabin on the grounds near the nature center.

Indian dwellings built for the event.

My little "booth" at the heritage festival.


Now that the craft fairs are over for the year (at least for me), all of my handmade items will be working their way back to my Etsy site in the near future.  Just need to get pictures of the new stuff to list!  Start thinking about Christmas gifts early!

No comments: