Thursday, May 1, 2014

Ag Day at Morrisville College

I love doing public relations stuff with the llamas.  Most kids (and adults for that matter) have never been up close and personal with a llama or alpaca, so it is fun to introduce them.


Unfortunately I haven't been able to do as much PR work with my animals since going to college, but I used to do a lot in high school.

A few weeks ago, a student from Morrisville College contacted me about bringing llamas to their "Ag Day".  Our FFA group used to do this in high school, so I was excited about participating.

Yesterday I was really worried about the rain (it has rained for several days in a row), but I decided to brave it this morning.  Turns out the weather was spotty...it went from nice and sunny to pouring rain, and everything in between.  In the end I didn't get too wet, and even ended up with a sunburn!

I took Kara and Ralph to be my ambassadors.  Ralph wanted nothing to do with anyone...he was much too preoccupied with staring down all of the other animals (especially the turkey!).  Kara was a little angel though!  Once she warmed up, she let all sorts of people pet her, even on the head.  She may have been a bit overwhelmed by the end, as she laid down just out of reach, but she was still really well behaved.  I was so proud!

They were really excited about the green grass!

I really hope I can find some additional PR opportunities for the future, it is very rewarding!

No comments: