Sunday, August 23, 2015

Garden Update

I finally got around to taking pictures of the garden, and now that I uploaded them I realize how old they are!  

These are the 4 squash and pumpkin mounds.  I was trying out a few different trellises for the squash, but I think they are too much trouble.  The squash are producing wonderfully, but are now coming down with a fungus.


The flower edging has turned out quite well.  Needs to be weeded a bit, but flowered nicely.


This is one of the root vegetable mixed rows.  Onions at the top, radishes at the bottom.  There are now carrots and beets growing in between.


The cucumbers started out very strong, producing 20-30 every few days.  Unfortunately they came down with mildew and are all but dead now.


The tomatoes still appear to be doing well.  There is a bit of fungus, and for some reason they've gotten blossom end rot.  I just ordered some calcium, hopefully that will help.


This is the first of the mixed root vegetable rows.  It has now been completely picked, even the carrots turned out well.


The broccoli produced well enough, but got eaten pretty quick by something (I suspect groundhogs again).


Last but not least, the potatoes.  They are mostly dead on top now, and my husband has harvested a few plants already.



I'll take more updated pics after the state fair!

No comments: