Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Knitting Pattern #8: Seed Stitch Buttoned Earband

Well I don't know what has gotten into me lately, but I keep forgetting about the blog!  (Okay, I've had a few weeks with good excuses...I was prepping for an interview last night!)

Anyway, not much is happening fiber-wise around the farm (I did go to a fiber fest last weekend as a vendor, but I forgot my camera!), so here's yet another knitting pattern!  I'll do another ear band...

This ear band works best with the worsted/aran weight spiral plied handspun yarn from my Etsy shop.





Seed Stitch Buttoned Earband


Women’s Small/Medium (easily adjusted for other sizes)

Aran weight yarn (Worsted may also work): 50-60 yards
#8 needles
2 buttons

Gauge: 12 sts & 18 rows = 4” in stockinette

Cast on 13 stitches

*k, p*6x, k
Repeat for 1.5”

k, p, k to last 2 stitches, p, k
k, p, k, p to last 3 sts, k, p, k
Repeat last 2 rows for 17”

*k, p*6x, k1
Repeat 5 more times (6 times total)

k, p, k, k2tog, yo, p, k, p, yo, ssk, k, p, k

*k, p*6x, k
Repeat 3 more times (4 times total)


Bind off
Weave in ends and attach buttons

Enjoy!

Now available on Ravelry!!

No comments: