Thursday, June 2, 2011

Allen County Open this weekend!

Heading to the Allen County Open show in Fort Wayne, Indiana tomorrow afternoon.  Should be a great show!  I'm showing both Annie and Ralph in all of the Novice performance classes, as well as Annie in halter (Medium Wool Yearling Female) and Adult Showmanship.  I really hope Annie behaves...showmanship can be really terrible if your llama doesn't stand still!



The last time (and first time actually) I went to this show Bluff really cleaned up.  I just took her and Ralph.  Ralph didn't place in any of the performance classes (it was his first time showing in Novice), but Bluff won Adult Showmanship and Medium Wool 2-Yr-Old Female, and went on to get Grand Champion Medium Wool Female!  It was the first time that I had ever shown Bluff (I bought her only a few months before), so it was very exciting!



In other news, the Vermillion County Fair Llama Show in Cayuga, Indiana (near the Illinois border off I-74) is desperately looking for entries (especially for performance!).  I've been to this show twice, and it is always fun and very relaxing.  ALSA sanctioned, so points are awarded.  Let me know if you want me to email you the show packet.  Annie got Reserve Grand Medium Wool Female at this show last year, so I'm ready for a repeat performance!

No comments: